Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Having a relationship with Jesus

This is my very first blog ever, and I have decided to start it by sharing about my Christian life and I believe that this blog and all blogs are going to mostly be about my faith.
I just got home from my youth group at First Christian Church, and I have learned more about following God and having a relationship with him. Everyone struggles with this, but there are many stories in the Bible, like in Mark chapters 1 and 2. Where Jesus heals a man with leprosy and a guy who was paralyzed. I learned tonight that you can have the biggest amount of Faith and Love for Jesus Christ, and he forgives you just by trying to get to know him. Having a relationship with him, isn't just about praying and reading your Bible and going to church every Sunday and Wednesday. It's about talking with him, telling God about your day, telling him how you feel whether it's mad, sad, ecstatic, devastated, whatever the emotion...God is here, and God is LOVE. He loves you unconditionally, He gives you mercy, and forgives you. God's grace surrounds us and sometimes we don't realize it. Sometimes we take it for granted, along with a lot of things. We struggle everyday with school, work, friends, and family. And what we don't realize is that we should just stop and pray every time we come upon a problem and we should let God deal with, because he can do the impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment